Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ultimatums

Lately Bryson’s world has revolved around ultimatums. “If you take your bath, you can play with Momma’s iPod.”…..”If you sit quietly, you can have a milkshake”, etc. And in some cases we have even had to revert to the negative ultimatum: “If you do not listen, you will not be able to ride your four-wheeler”. He is defiantly learning the power of negotiation.


Well…two nights ago the tables turned. All three of us were sitting on the couch watching Mickey Mouse’s Clubhouse and sharing a banana. Bryson would take a bite and then he would graciously share a bite with Daddy. After Daddy’s bite he turned to me. With my mouth wide open waiting for my yummy bite, Bryson looked at me, started to extend his banana my way and then suddenly stopped and said, “No bite for Momma…please have IPOD”.

WHAT??? Was this an ultimatum? After several more minutes of asking for a bite, he made it perfectly clear that those were the stipulations. Jason just about died laughing. On me…..talk about what goes around comes around.

1 comment:

Kathy Henson said...

That is too funny! :)